You can apply for remission of your water authority tax assessment online (in Dutch only)Apply for remission
Would you like to apply for remission of your water authority tax assessment? Find out which conditions you must meet in order to be eligible for remission.
- Do you live in Amsterdam? Then please request remission at the municipality of Amsterdam.
- Do you live in another municipality that falls within the area of the Water Authority Amstel, Gooi en Vecht? Then find out where to apply for remission (in dutch)
- Your income level is at or below social assistance level.
- You do not own a home of which the value is more than your mortgage.
- The money on your bank account(s) does not exceed the applicable standard amount.
Questions and answers about remission
No. You can only apply for remission of the water system charge for residents (watersysteemheffing ingezetenen) and the water treatment charge / pollution charge (zuiveringsheffing / verontreinigingsheffing).
You can not apply for remission for the water system charge for buildings, land without buildings or a nature area.More about the types of water taxes
Yes, you can. Please view the conditions.Read more