I am moving or I just moved here. What do I need to do?

Are you moving to or out of Amsterdam? Then you need to take action for your tap water.

What you need to do depends on where you are moving to, and where you are moving from. Please check our service area for tap water.

  • Have you just moved to Amsterdam or surrounding area? Is Waternet your new tap water supplier? Then please register your new home.
  • Are you moving out of Amsterdam and surrounding area, or moving in with someone? Is Waternet no longer your tap water supplier? Then you’ll need to deregister your old address.
  • Are you moving within our service area? Then you’ll need to deregister your old address and register your new home.

Water authority tax

You don’t need to do anything with regard to the water authority tax. As long as you register yourself correctly at your municipality, we’ll get the info we need straight from them.