Do I have to pay my water authority taxes myself? I thought that the expat agency/rental broker would take care of everything.

A tenant must always pay water authority tax: the water system charge for residents and the water treatment charge for private customers.

Even if you have made different arrangements with your landlord or expat agency, the water authority tax assessment is issued in your name, so you are liable.

We cannot mediate between you and your landlord or expat agency about your water authority tax and are not responsible for what goes on behind the scenes.