I am not the main occupant of my home. Why did I receive the water authority tax assessment?

You will receive the assessment if you have been registered at that particular address the longest. Even if you are not the main occupant.

Transfer the assessment to a different name

Would you like to transfer the water authority tax assessment to a different name starting next year? Please send us a letter in which you clearly state the name of the person to which the assessment should be transferred. This letter must be signed by both the old and the new recipient. Please send the letter to:

Waternet, afdeling Belastingen
Postbus 94127
1090 GC Amsterdam

The next water authority tax assessment will be sent to the new person, as indicated in your letter.