We use cookies to ensure that this website functions properly. Click β€œYes” to accept all cookies. This allows you to watch videos too. Want to know more or change your settings? Go to privacy and cookies.

Direct naar content


Do you have a low income? You may be eligible for remission of your water authority tax assessment.

Manage now

You will receive the water authority tax assessment later than normal. Wait until you have received the assessment and submit your request for remission online. Then choose your municipality, and we will direct you to where you can apply for remission. 

Apply for remission

If you automatically receive remission every year

Have you given us permission to automatically check every year whether you are entitled to remission? Then you don't have to do anything. We will do the same check this year. Only this time you will receive our final ruling later than usual.

Make your choice

Apply for remission

You can apply for remission here online.

  • You will immediately see whether you need to apply to Waternet or to your municipality.
  • If you need to apply to Waternet, you can arrange it directly online.
Apply for remission
Apply for remission

Requirements for remission

  • Your income level is at or below social assistance level.
  • You do not own a home of which the value is more than your mortgage.
  • The money on your bank account(s) does not exceed the applicable standard amount.

Good to know

  • Have you already started paying your tax assessment? Even then you can still apply for remission. You can apply until 3 months after your last payment.
  • To see if you are eligible for remission, we look at your financial situation on the date of the application.

Questions and answers about remission

No. You can only apply for remission of the water system charge for residents (watersysteemheffing ingezetenen) and the water treatment charge / pollution charge (zuiveringsheffing / verontreinigingsheffing).

You can not apply for remission for the water system charge for buildings, land without buildings or a nature area.

More about the types of water taxes

Yes, you can. Please view the conditions.
Read more
Berrybot Berry, the digital assistent