Average water use household per day
The average water households use depends on the number of people in a household. The more people living in a house, the lower the water consumption per person. In 2021, the average water consumption of our customers was 141 liters per person per day.
- A household of 1 person uses an average of 192 liters per person per day.
- A household of 2 people uses an average of 135 liters per person per day.
- A household of 3 and 4 people uses an average of 116.5 liters per person per day.
How much water do I use yearly?
Are you a customer of Waternet and do you have a water meter? Then the water meter calculates how much water you use. You can see your annual water consumption on your annual statement in cucib meters (1 m³ = 1.000 liters).
What do we do with all that water?
We use more than half of our water for showering and for the toilet. This is what people use water for:
- Shower (60,1 liters per day)
- Toilet (29,4 liters per day)
- Washing machine (17,2 liters per day)
- Wash hands (8,7 liters per day)
- Sink (8,6 liters per day)
- Bathing (4,7 liters per day)
- Washing up (by hand) (4,4 liters per day)
- Consumption (2,7 liters per day)
- Cleaning (inside) (2,1 liters per day)
- Water plants (indoor) (1 liter per day)
Save water at home
You can easily save water. Using less water is better for the environment. And because heating water costs energy, you can also save money if you use less hot water.
- Reduce shower time
- Use a water-saving shower head
- Use the small button on the toilet