Understanding your annual tap water statement (jaarafrekening)
The annual statement concerns your tap water. It shows your annual water consumption. The statement also shows if funds will be reimbursed or if an additional payment is required. You will only receive an annual statement if your home has a water meter.
If your home has a water meter, we will request that you submit your meter reading once a year. You will receive your annual statement after you have submitted this meter reading.
When your home does not have a water meter
You will not receive an annual statement if your home does not have a water meter. Then, you will only receive your quarterly or monthly bills.
Understanding your annual statement (jaarafrekening)
Your annual statement shows the amount you have paid over the past year. This is the total of your monthly or quarterly payments over the past year. The statement also shows your water consumption in the past 12 months.
- Have you paid for more water than you have consumed? Then the difference will be refunded.
- Have you paid for less water than you have consumed? Then you should pay the difference to Waternet.
Explanation of your statement details
These amounts are stated on your annual statement, depending on your personal situation.
- Waterverbruik (Water consumption). The amount you pay for your water consumption. View the 2018 water rates.
- Vastrecht (Standing charge). You pay a fixed amount annually to help maintain the water pipes.
- Belasting op leidingwater (Tap water tax). This tax is charged per m³ of your water consumption.
- Btw (VAT). 6 % tax is levied on the standing charge, your water consumption and the taxes on tap water.
- Subtotaal met btw (Total payment due, including VAT). This shows the water rates for your total water consumption over the past year.
- Al in rekening gebracht (Already charged). This amount is the total amount of all of your instalment payments.
- Te weinig in rekening gebracht (You owe us). For this amount you have consumed more water than you have paid.
- Te veel in rekening gebracht (We owe you). You paid for more water than you have consumed.
- Nieuw termijnbedrag (New instalment payment). This amount shows you how much you will be paying in advance in the coming year. We determine this payment based on your water consumption over the past year.
- Te betalen (Payment due). This amount is shown if you have paid for less water than you have consumed. It also includes your next instalment payment.
- Te ontvangen (Refund). This amount is shown if you have consumed less water than you have paid.
Adjust instalment payment
You can adjust the amount of your advance payment online. This may prevent you from having to pay extra payments later on, for example in the event that your water use increases.